Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Harvest Time

"Listen! the wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!"
- Humbert Wolfe





The beginning of Autumn is always marked by our favorite festival at the historic Chelberg Farm. It is one of our most looked forward to weekends to spend as a family enjoying the sights & smells that linger in the air.




Fall to me is...

A gentle reminder to live a simple life..


Milkweed pods..silky treasures..many of my own childhood memories involve playing with these...


The joys simple, old fashion games can bring to my children..




Listening to bluegrass music while sitting on hay bales..


Teaching my children a new craft for winter..



Making Corn husk dolls with my girly..


All of my plants & herbs going to seed for the season..


Time spent with my favorite Brown Cow..


Exploring the inside of the old Chelberg Farmhouse...




Hayrides & local honey sticks...


Learning how to live off the "grid"



Pumpkins..


And the crunch of autumn leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment