Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This Week in my Kitchen..





I know I am not the only one & in the spirit of keeping it real on here, I have to admit..
When I am stressed, I cook.
I keep my hands busy & the people around me nourished.
It brings my mind down from the threat of over thinking.
This week, my kitchen has been a busy place. There was Apple Sauce made after one last trip to the orchard to pick what was left of the Fugi & Braeburns.


Pumpkin Butter was experimented with. This batch turned out pretty good using local honey in place of sugar. The littles loved it mixed into pancake batter, warmed and slathered on top of those cakes, in their morning oatmeal & on toast.

We made what I have to say was the yummiest quick bread I have ever made in my life.
So yummy, in fact, that I never even got a photo of the end result.
It is ( or shall I say was... *ahem*)
Honey-Walnut Bread
Do whatever it takes to get this cookbook into your kitchen.
You won't regret it.

There were also plenty of soups, stews, breads and some homemade pasta made & topped with the pesto I canned a couple weeks ago. While I admit, all this cooking has not been all that good for my hips...something about tying a vintage apron around your waist & taking a deep breath..inhaling the aroma of whatever is bubbling away on the stove.. it helps.
It really does.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and giving way to relieve stress. Your appplesauce looks so delicious.
    Peace, Angela (Peach Coglo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin Butter sounds wonderful. I will have to try that. I like your blog. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! I've never made pumpkin butter - apple butter yes...it sounds good though...

    ReplyDelete